June 2018: Mazda sales in the USA increased by a fifth to 26,893 vehicles. During the first half of 2018, Mazda sales in the US increased y 14% to 163,924 cars sold.
Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) reported total June U.S. sales of 26,893 vehicles, representing an increase of 20.4 percent versus June of last year. Year-to-date (YTD) sales through June 2018 are up 14.2 percent versus last year, with 163,924 vehicles sold. With 27 selling days in June 2018, versus 26 the year prior, the company posted an increase of 15.9 percent on a Daily Selling Rate (DSR) basis.
Mazda Model Sales in the USA in 2018 (June & First Half Year)
Mazda increased sales for all cars in the CX line with the CX-3 recording the highest sales ever, although still well behind the larger CX-5 model:
- Mazda CX-3 posted top sales, with 2,332 vehicles sold in June, marking an increase of 92.3 percent YOY. This increase was led by the launch of the new 2019 CX-3. Sales of Mazda CX-3 are up 24.8 percent YTD.
- Mazda CX-5, Mazda’s award-winning crossover SUV, posted its best-ever June sales of 12,710 vehicles, marking an increase of 33.1 percent YOY. Sales of the Mazda CX-5 are up 1 percent YTD.
- Mazda’s seven-passenger crossover SUV, Mazda CX-9, had a near-record month for June, finishing up 40.1 percent YOY, with 2,381 vehicles sold. Sales of the Mazda CX-9 are up 19.9 percent YTD.
- Mazda6 posted sales increase of 35.8 percent year-over-year (YOY), with 3,204 vehicles sold in the month of June.
- Every model in the CX-line posted sales gains in the month of June. Total sales of the CX-line, including the CX-3, CX-5 and CX-9, were up 34.6 percent over June of last year, with 17,423 vehicles sold.
- Mazda reported 4,604 Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) vehicles sold in June, marking an increase of 18.4 percent YOY.
Mazda Motor de Mexico (MMdM) reported June salesof 4,562 vehicles, up 2.7 percent versus June of last year.
Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, California, and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico through nearly 700 dealers. Operations in Mexico are managed by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City.