The top results at the Mecum Denver collector car auction 2018 were a 1970 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible at $181,500 and a 1968 Ford Mustang at $143,000.
Mecum Auctions earned $10 million in overall sales and achieved as a strong 75 percent of all vehicles hammered sold at the Denver sale on June 8-9, 2018.
Top Results at Mecum Denver 2018 Auction
Topping all sales at the auction was a Plum Crazy Pearl 1970 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible (Lot S112) boasting a 528/650 HP aluminum Gen 2 Indy Hemi engine and race-prepped 727 automatic transmission with Pistol Grip shifter. The hopped-up classic muscle car garnered a lot of attention from bidders and, after heated bidding, sold for $181,500. Resto-Modded muscle proved popular overall in Denver, with another top-shelf example claiming the second seat among top sales. The 1968 Ford Mustang (Lot S138) that sold for $143,000 presented in absolutely stunning condition after undergoing a nut-and-bolt restoration employing an upgraded 427/650 HP Dart engine and 5-speed Tremec manual transmission.
Other top sellers included a 1966 Volkswagen 21-Window Samba Bus (Lot S51) that brought $118,250, a 1969 Shelby GT350 Fastback (Lot S102) that sold for $107,250, and a 1955 Bel Air Resto Mod (Lot S68) that brought $106,700, to name a few.
Top Ten Results at Mecum Denver 2018 Auction
The complete top 10 collector-car sales at the Mecum Denver 2018 auction include:
- 1970 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible (Lot S112) at $181,500
- 1968 Ford Mustang (Lot S138) at $143,000
- 1966 Volkswagen 21-Window Samba Bus (Lot S51) at $118,250
- 1957 Ford Ranchero E-Code (Lot S70) at $110,000
- 1969 Shelby GT350 Fastback (Lot S102) at $107,250
- 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air Resto Mod (Lot S68) at $106,700
- 1959 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S155) at $99,000
- 1957 Ford Fairlane 500 Skyliner (Lot S80.1) at $95,700
- 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air Convertible (Lot S79) at $90,200
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro RS Z28 (Lot S100) at $86,900
Full results are available at Mecum.com.
Mecum’s next auction will be June 22-23, 2018, in Portland, featuring an estimated 600 vehicles on offer. Following that, Mecum will head to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, for a 1,000-vehicle offering Aug. 2-4.