Mecum earned more than $24.1 million at the Harrisburg 2018 collector car auction with a 2006 Ford GT at $302,500 the top result.
Mecum Auctions earned more than $24.1 million at the 2018 Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, auction, as 763 collector cars hammered sold in just three days for a strong sell-through rate of nearly 80 percent. This was an increase of 27% from the 2017 Harrisburg earnings.
Mecum Harrisburg 2018 Auction
Large crowds continued to file into the Pennsylvania Farm Show Complex throughout the auction’s duration, as both spectator ticket sales and bidder registration saw a marked increase over 2017. The strong attendance ensured that energy throughout the weekend was at a constant high, and the excitement of enthusiasts was palpable.
In addition to strong overall sales, individual offerings also achieved desirable results with top sales honors going to a 2006 Ford GT (Lot S133)—one of just 75 wearing a bold coat of Speed Yellow—which sold for $302,500. Other top sales included a 4-speed 1967 Shelby GT500 Fastback (Lot S135) that brought $217,250, a 1978 Lincoln Batmobile Replica (Lot S173) autographed by Adam West that sold for $195,250 and a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Pro Touring (Lot S84) that brought $181,500.
Top Results at the Mecum Harrisburg 2018 Car Auction
The complete top 10 collector-car sales at the Mecum Harrisburg 2018 auction include:
- 2006 Ford GT (Lot S133) at $302,500
- 1967 Shelby GT500 Fastback (Lot S135) at $217,250
- 1978 Lincoln Batmobile Replica (Lot S173) at $195,250
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Pro Touring (Lot S84) at $181,500
- 1972 Plymouth Cuda Resto Mod (Lot F188) at $165,000
- 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon (Lot F248) at $145,200
- 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon (Lot S96) at $143,000
- 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (Lot S114) at $143,000
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible (Lot S76) at $140,250
- 2007 Ferrari F430 Spider (Lot S109) at $137,500
For access to complete auction results, sign up for the free InfoNet service offered at Mecum.com. Mecum’s next auction will be The Daytime Auction this Aug. 23-25 in Monterey, California, featuring 600 collector cars ranging from exotic hypercars and high-end boutique builds to historically significant vintage race cars. Among highlights are a 2017 Lamborghini Centenario LP770-4, a 2014 Pagani Huayra, a 2015 McLaren P1, several Ferrari LaFerraris and a 1958 Porsche 550A Spyder, to name just a few. For more details on upcoming auctions, to consign a vehicle or to register as a bidder, visit Mecum.com, or call (262) 275-5050 for more information.