A 1930 Bugatti Type 46 Faux Cabriolet sold for $1,012,000 as the top result at the Mecum Las Vegas 2018 collector car auction.
Mecum Las Vegas Collector Car Auction 2018
Mecum Auctions’ second annual collector-car auction in Las Vegas was held on November 15-17, 2018. In addition to 885 cars, the auction also included motorcycles, boats and road arts.
Mecum earned $25.2 million in overall sales – an increase of 7% from a year ago. Mecum achieved a high 75% sell-through rate with 667 vehicles hammered sold.
Mecum Las Vegas Sale 2018 Results
The auction-headlining Academy of Art University collection saw 31 vehicles hammer sold for an overall total of $4 million, and four cars from the collection landed among the auction’s top sellers. The University’s 1930 Bugatti Type 46 Faux Cabriolet (Lot S98) boasting coachwork by Veth & Zoon came in as the auction’s top sale at just more than $1 million, and the 1930 Duesenberg Model J Dual Cowl Phaeton (Lot S130.1) brought $770,000, landing it the No. 2 slot. A 1934 Packard 1104 Super 8 Dual Cowl Sport Phaeton(Lot S125.1) from the collection claimed the third spot in top sales, and a 1935 Pierce-Arrow Model 1245 Silver Arrow (Lot S93.1) came in as No. 6.
Other top sales included a 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda (Lot S145) that brought $220,000 and Ardell Brown’s 1930 Cord L-29 Cabriolet (Lot S72), which sold for $203,500. In total, the complete Ardell Brown Estate Collection of vehicles and Road Art sold for well in excess of $5 million.
Top Results at Mecum Las Vegas 2018 Auction
The complete top 10 collector-car sales at the Mecum Las Vegas 2018 auction include:
- 1930 Bugatti Type 46 Faux Cabriolet (Lot S98) at $1,012,000
- 1930 Duesenberg Model J Dual Cowl Phaeton (Lot S130.1) at $770,000
- 1934 Packard 1104 Super 8 Dual Cowl Sport Phaeton (Lot S125.1) at $258,500
- 1959 Mercedes-Benz 300D Cabriolet (Lot S180) at $244,750
- 1970 Plymouth Hemi Cuda (Lot S145) at $220,000
- 1935 Pierce-Arrow Model 1245 Silver Arrow (Lot S93.1) at $214,500
- 1930 Cord L-29 Cabriolet (Lot S72) at $203,500
- 2012 Terradyne Gurkha RPV Armored Vehicle (Lot F196) at $198,000
- 1999 Lamborghini Diablo VT Roadster (Lot S183.1) at $187,000
- 1959 Volkswagen Deluxe 23-Window Bus (Lot F163) at $181,500
Mecum’s next auction is in Kansas in December followed by the huge Kissimmee auction in Florida in mid-January.